Friday, May 7, 2010

Mommy & Caleb Week - Day 6

Friday!! Last full day by ourselves since Daddy will be home tomorrow!! Whew, this was an eventful day. Unfortunately, Caleb woke up on the wrong side of the crib this morning. He was so grouchy and I never did figure out why. He got a full night's sleep and he didn't wake up stuffy or anything. Even after he was changed and fed he was still whiney. He went down for a nap and only slept for about an hour so that did not really help his mood any. After his nap, he ate some lunch and then we went to lunch at Chili's with Jennifer and baby Camille. They got their garage door fixed so they were no longer trapped at home! We had a good time eating and talking mommy talk. Camille, who is a month old, was an angel and slept the entire time. I remember those days! Caleb was still in a rotten mood and must have been exhausted from not napping long enough because he ended up falling asleep slouched over in the high chair. It was kinda pitiful.

By the time we were done eating, it was almost 2pm. Jenn and I decided we needed to go to Kohl's and put our 15% off coupons to use. First we had to make a pitstop at my house for Jenn to feed Camille and to pick up Caleb's stroller. Caleb perked up at home so I thought we were good to go, but when we were shopping at Kohl's he started melting down. Admitedly, I probably stretched him a little too far since I knew he was already tired. I did manage to get him enough 12 month shorts to last through the summer (hopefully, unless he outgrows them!) and two 12 month shirts before we had to leave. Jenn got Camille some cute little summer outfits, too. There are so many more girl clothes to choose from, it is crazy. You can barely find the boy clothes amidst all the PINK and ruffles!

Anyway, Caleb and I left Jenn and Camille at Kohl's so we could go home and get little man to sleep. He fell asleep before we even got home, but once he ate he was re-energized and did not seem to want to nap. We have a little rule around here that he has to stay in his crib during his naptime even if he's not going to sleep. He's *supposed* to be sleeping, but it doesn't always work out that way so even if he rolls all over his crib for an hour and/or cries, he stays put. I think it took him 45 minutes to finally fall asleep. I just knew he'd zonk out immediately but he never ceases to prove me wrong! He slept for about an hour and 15 minutes, then woke up and it was time for dinner.

After dinner, he played on the kitchen floor while I cleaned up a little. He finally seemed to be in a decent mood and had a good time rolling all over the floor half naked. I had to strip him down because he drenched himself in juice. We're still working on perfecting the whole sippy-cup thing. 7:30pm quickly rolled around so Caleb drank his milk and then I put him in bed to put himself to sleep (something we are working on). WOW, I don't know what got into him but he rolled around his crib for TWO HOURS before finally falling asleep. I could see him on the video monitor and he kept turning on his mobile/music and just staring at it. Oh, and TWICE, he knocked the camera off the crib so I had to go in there and readjust it. First task for Daddy tomorrow will be to mount that thing on the wall since he's finally found it!

Anyway, that was our day! Tomorrow we are picking up Daddy at the airport around 4:30pm and we are so excited for him to finally be home. For me, this has been a long week and confirms my suspicions that being a single parent is no fun. Here are some pictures and video from today!

Ready for our lunch date!



Guess the conversation just wasn't good enough for him...



My beautiful Mother's Day flowers...



Took him 8 months, but he finally found the camera...and he was letting me know that he did NOT want to go to bed! (sometimes we get a little static interference)



Having a ball playing on the kitchen floor...



He gets really excited about his juice!



Caleb and Camille...



Playing in his playpen...

2 comments:

EMWilkinson said...

love the videos especially!

Morgan said...

yeah, I've been going a little overboard on videos but its the only camera I had all week! plus, Daddy can actually see what he did all week!