Thursday, February 3, 2011

Finally Walking!

Well, Caleb finally decided he could walk on his own and there's been no turning back since! He's been walking between objects and while holding our hands for a little while now and on occasion, he'd take quite a few steps on his own (like all the way across our living room, for example). But, he always went right back to his knees and back to knee-gliding all across the house.

We were at the church for a meeting on Sunday, January 23rd. Rhett had gone downstairs to get ice and I was setting up the food table. Caleb was roaming the room. I turned around and he was walking right toward me from halfway across the room. I didn't think too much of it at first glance because as I've said, we've seen him walk some fairly long distances on his own before. But then he just kept walking around more and more. Rhett came back with the ice and couldn't believe his eyes. Caleb was toddling all over the place! When I took him down to the nursery, he walked a lot of the way (not all the way because that would have taken us an hour to get there, LOL)

SO, officially as of January 23, 2011 at 17 months and 13 days old...Caleb is walking! Here's a video I took at home on one of the first few days he was on the move...


No comments: