Wednesday, we went to Rhett's appointment w/the general surgeon. He confirmed that Rhett does have a hernia...and that's about all he did. It was a quick appointment. The surgery scheduler called on Thursday and we found out that the earliest appointment the surgeon has is in mid-August...umm, NO! I guess he is taking several weeks of vacation and has lots of other surgeries already scheduled. SO...we set up the surgery for September 10th and Rhett's mom is going to come take Rhett to the surgery and help for a few days. I will have to stay home with the little guy!
Thursday, we went to my appointment. My weight gain is fine and my belly is measuring right on target. Dr. Tran felt for Caleb's positioning and he is already head down. I could have told you that! I can tell...things are definitely feeling heavier down there and I have some new aches. I go back at 36 weeks and then she will start to check me for dilation and thinning. I can't believe that it is almost time to meet Caleb! As of today, the closet in the nursery is officially complete so I can go through all of the shower gifts and organize things now. Hopefully I can get my thank-you notes done soon, too. I am so blessed to have this time at home b/c there sure is a lot to do to get ready for a baby...at least I feel like I have a lot left to do. As long as Caleb doesn't decide to come early, I should have plenty of time to get everything done. Here's my weekly pic...
34 weeks, 5 days:
Thursday night, our friends Rachael and Charlie came to town to go to the Astros game. They got 4 free tickets from a family friend, so we were able to sit behind the visitor's dugout. It turned out to be a good game and it was nice to get to catch up with them! Here's a pic of me w/Rachael:
Friday, both my parents and Rhett's parents came into town b/c my Sunday school shower was on Saturday. Rhett grilled some chicken w/sides for dinner and we visited for a little while. Saturday morning, the men left at 6am to drive to Galveston to go fishing. The moms went with me to my shower at 10am. I will do a separate post w/pictures from the shower. (apparently, Rhett was the only lucky fisherman of the day....which is usually not the case!)
My parents went home Saturday afternoon, and Rhett's parents stayed another night. We went to our second Astros game of the week...only this one wasn't so good. We got stomped...and for the first time since we started going to Astros games, Rhett got his hands on a foul ball that would have landed in his lap! It deflected off his hand and another guy's hand and bounced back behind me...then another guy snatched it up...how rude! I was way too slow to jump up for it! That was pretty exciting, though. Too bad Rhett didn't have his ball glove. A couple of pics from the game...
1 comment:
you look great Morgan! Glad baby is head down already for ya. Hope he stays that way and doesn't do any flips for momma. Glad you have been feeling better and getting to do stuff to get ready. I know that's important...to feel ready! Take care and I look forward to the next post! :)
Post a Comment