Saturday, April 10, 2010

Caleb's First Easter

This year was Caleb's first Easter and we had a nice day. I can't wait until we can teach him about the TRUE meaning of Easter! What could be more special than celebrating the resurrection of our Savior?! Losing Josh has really made me think more deeply about certain things and as we sat in church this Easter morning, I couldn't help but wonder what it must be like to celebrate in Heaven, actually WITH our risen Savior. I can't even imagine how special and perfect that must be, and Josh was getting to experience that. It made me sad, yet happy all at the same time. And to think that Jesus died to pay for our sins so that we may have eternal life in Heaven...it's just amazing.

Until Caleb can comprehend the real meaning behind Easter, we still want him to experience the fun tradition of a visit from the Easter Bunny! This year, the Easter Bunny brought Caleb some colorful Easter eggs, his very own cell phone, and a book about the true meaning of Easter. Our Easter Bunny loves Jesus, too! I think Caleb was most excited about his cell phone because he LOVES to try to grab and play with our phones and TV remotes.

Caleb's first Easter basket:




Caleb and Daddy checking out what the Easter Bunny brought:


Notice how he is chomping down on everything. This was the day before I realized he had teeth coming in!










And here's a family picture at church...


and one of our sweet boy on the way home from church...

Thanks to Granny (my mom) for his cute "Baby's First Easter" bib!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You're a very good mommy. Ummm, yeah, Evan doesn't have a real Easter basket, and he's almost four. And because he didn't want the Easter Bunny visiting his house, he got no swag this year. I am such a bad mommy.