You’re picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today.
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away.
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door.
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all?
Well let me remind you it all matters just as long as you
for the 15th time today.
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away.
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door.
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all?
Well let me remind you it all matters just as long as you
Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do
Here's a video with lyrics from YouTube, if you want to hear the whole song. It's catchy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEqdDdvFXZ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEqdDdvFXZ0
Sometimes it does seem like what I do on a day-to-day basis doesn't really matter. I mean, I'm not a medical doctor saving lives or a soldier on the front lines. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I pick up toys and sweep up Cheerios! But this song is a good reminder that no matter what you do, whether you're a SAHM or flippin' burgers, so long as you do it for God's glory then everything you do (big or small) DOES matter. The most important thing is that people around you see Christ's love shining through you and through what you do every day. I love staying at home with my kids and I pray that I would always remember to do it for God's glory. I also pray that not only family, friends and other people around me would see Christ's love through me, but more importantly, that my kids would! We want to raise them to always put God first in everything they do as well!
I hope this song encourages you just as much as it has me!
I hope this song encourages you just as much as it has me!
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)
2 comments:
I *LOVE* this songs.....gets me through each day! Hang in there mamma, you're doing a great job!
I KNOW!! It's so right on. It seems like it's slow going some days but we are building up our kids to know the One True God and that's what ultimately matters. Thanks for posting b/c I always get excited when it comes on the radio.
Oh, just FYI we heard it in MI and it doesn't say 'playin KSBJ on the radio'! I guess he did that clip just for the Houston market!
Post a Comment