Monday, August 20, 2012

Caleb's 3rd Birthday!

Caleb's birthday was on a Tuesday this year, so we were pretty much doing our normal every day gig.  However, I did want to make it special for him so we did a few fun birthday things!

We had birthday blueberry muffins! (which I apparently did not get a picture of)  I think this might be a new tradition we start (did them for Aubrey's birthday, too).  Daddy hung around a little longer than normal before going to work so we could do a couple presents.

Excited birthday boy!

a new book - If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

and a really cool drill set
(Educational Insights Design & Drill Activity Center)


He played with it all day!



Then Daddy came home at lunch and we opened two more presents.

a new Handy Manny DVD

and a Lego Duplo Read & Build set


Sharing his drill set with Aubrey.  She liked banging the bolts on the activity board.

For dinner, we went to Caleb's favorite place, Chick-fil-a!  They had a balloon artist there and he made Caleb a really cool motorcyle.  I took a picture, but it's on an SD card that I can't find.  I'll have to come back and add it....but just trust me when I say this was a really cool balloon motorcycle. Caleb loved it!

When we got home, we gave Caleb his final gift - a scooter!

He was excited about the Lightening McQueen helmet.


Daddy took him outside to ride and he had a lot of fun!

Then he decided he just wanted to run in the street....probably because he's never been able to play in the street before so he was taking advantage!




We ended the night with some birthday ice cream!  I was going to make cupcakes for his party a few days later, so we went with ice cream on his actual birthday.  We had chocolate and vanilla, and he picked "banilla"  :-)







No comments: